Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PayPal to Update its Terms of Use

I was excited to read, within Smashwords' site updates, that PayPal is backing down. It is a proud day for indies and the First Amendment. Hard for a 3rd-party transaction processor to remain transparent and neutral, as dictated by card-association policy and legal statutes, when it clouds economic facts with pedantic dogma.

I posted to PayPal's blog the stats I uncovered within eBay, PayPal's parent. The situation is a bitter pill, but I commend PayPal's senior managers for stepping up and embracing change, albeit begrudgingly. I hope the B-school-grad new-hire within PayPal who raised the "objectionable" content issue has an up-to-date résumé.

Cheers,

LC Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! As my gift to you, please click link below
for your free copy of my ebook "Legacy".
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/17743

Take care,
LC Cooper